Tamarind Village is a unique and charming Lanna-style boutique property that nestles in the heart of historic Chiang Mai. Surrounded by ancient temples and quaint shopping streets, it takes its name from a magnificent 200 year old tamarind tree that shelters the hotel in a shady embrace. Its 42 guest rooms and 3 suites are decorated in a contemporary style that reflects the rich ethnic diversity of northern Thailand by using fabrics and patterns drawn from the various tribes of the region. Tamarind Village is an oasis of calm and tranquility, the perfect base for exploring Chiang Mai and beyond. Complimentary Village Walk with guide once a week.
Location: Tamarind Village is situated at the center of Chiang Mai’s old town, just fifteen minutes from Chiang Mai Airport. Each week, Chiang Mai’s famous ‘Sunday Walking Street’ takes place just in front of the hotel’s entrance. the Night Bazaar and the city’s lively riverside restaurants are only ten minutes away.
Facilities: Ruen Tamarind Restaurant with Thai and International dishes. Dine indoors or outdoors on the pool terrace and take in the ambiance of this cozy café-style restaurant. A selection of authentic classic and northern Thai dishes from original family recipes as well as a selection of international favorites.
The Village Spa using only the finest herbal preparations drawn from the Lanna Thai heritage of natural healing. The extensive treatment menu includes a wide range of massage therapies, facials, scrubs and wraps as well as carefully-chosen packages to rejuvenate and refresh the body and soul.
The Tamarind Boutique offers a carefully chosen selection of contemporary design items including jewelry, clothing and home accessories alongside northern Thai artifacts and the hotel’s own signature products.
- Situated in the heart of Chiang Mai old town
- Charming Boutique Hotel with very warm Lanna hospitality
- Elegant decorated rooms and suites
- Close to shopping streets and markets
- Cultural activities and excursions
- Complimentary village walk with guide once a week
- Village Spa with local treatments
- Ruen Tamarind restaurant specialized to northern Thai dishes
- 2016 Top 25 Thai Hotels and Top 25 Hotels for Service - Tripadvisor's Traveller's Choice Awards
- 2014-15 Thailand Boutique Hotel Awards, Luxury City Design Hotel
- Thailand Boutique Awards 2011 - Tamarind Village Chiang Mai