Soneva Fushi, the first “Robinson Crusoe” style hideaway in the Maldives, is set on the privately owned tropical island of Kunfunadhoo in Baa Atoll. The resort can be reached by a scenic 30-minute sea plane flight direct from Male International airport or for guests scheduled on evening flights by domestic carrier flights via nearby Dharavandhoo airport.
The island is 1,400 metres long and 400 metres wide, one of the largest islands in the Maldives. Apart from the crystal clear waters, white beaches and tropical climate, the island’s unusually rich vegetation offers a unique natural experience. Villas are scattered along the beach and tucked into the lush greenery, providing the ultimate privacy. Fringed by white sand beaches that shelve gently into the azure blue sea, the iconic Soneva Fushi looks like a Robinson Crusoe idyll, however the finest creature comforts are always at hand. Its remoteness is central to its charm, offering the ultimate in barefoot sophistication for which the oft borrowed expression “No News No Shoes” was coined. Welcome to a world where the natural reality of the destination unites with understated yet sophisticated luxurious experiences and style. This is Intelligent Luxury. Soneva Fushi’s down to earth feel is reflected in its guest’s casual dress code and its naturally-designed architecture.
Soneva Fushi is the flagship resort of The Soneva Group, a world leading sustainable luxury resort operator. Soneva in Aqua, a new yacht experience, will be launched in the Maldives in 2014. The Soneva Group came into being following the decision by Sonu Shivdasani, the founder of Six Senses Resorts & Spas, to sell the Six Senses and Evason branded resorts in February 2012.
Soneva Fushi’s core purpose is create innovative, enlightening SLOW LIFE:
SUSTAINABLE – LOCAL – ORGANIC – WELLNESS – LEARNING – INSPIRING – FUN – EXPERIENCES
Accommodation at Soneva Fushi offers just 55 villas, which capture the very essence of a luxurious castaway fantasy. Each villa opens to its very own stretch of white sand beach just a few steps away, whilst many also include private swimming pools. Each bathroom extends to a private garden, and utmost care is given to the environment.
- Intelligent Barefoot Luxury - No News No Shoes
- Slow Life: sustainable - local - organic - wellness - learning - inspiring - fun - experiences
- The most Eco-friendly Luxury Resort in the Indian Ocean
- Eco Center
- Largest villas in Maldives and Indian Ocean up to 9 bedrooms
- Mr & Mrs Friday Services
- Fresh in the Garden restaurant
- More than 60 homemade ice creams and sorbets
- Kids Summer Camp
- Outdoor Cinema Paradiso
- Overnight Sandbank Experience
- Private Picnic on a dessert Island
- Snorkling with the Marina Biologist
- Stargazing at the Observatory
- Six Senses Spa
- Family Dolphin Cruise
- Gourmet Dining Experience
- Soleni Dive Center
- Condé Nast Traveler - 2012 World Savers Awards, Soneva Resorts
- Winner of Wild Asia Responsible Tourism Award 2013 – Soneva Resorts
- Traveller’s World Awards 2012 – Winner of Most Beautiful Resort
- TravELLE Guide (ELLE Germany) 2013 – No. 1 of best Relax-Resorts in the World
- Condé Nast Traveller - The Readers’ Travel Awards 2013 –Best Resort in The Middle East, Africa & The Indian Ocean, and Second Best Hotel Worldwide