Milaidhoo Island Maldives
Milaidhoo Island Maldives
Opened in November 2016, Milaidhoo Island Maldives is a boutique luxury resort in the Baa Atoll UNESCO biosphere reserve, close to Hanifaru Bay, 126km north west of Male. It’s perfect for nature lovers as its own coral reef, which completely circles the island, is a protected area and noted as an outstanding snorkelling and diving site in its own right. The tiny beautiful island, abundant with tropical greenery, measures just 300m by 180m and is fringed by white soft deep sand beaches.
Designed for couples and honeymooners, Milaidhoo welcomes guests aged nine and above.
Offering barefoot informality, each of the 50 spacious air-conditioned villas has its own private freshwater pool on the sundeck and opens up 180 degrees to allow the natural beauty of the island into the villa. Clever design ensures all villas have ocean views. The custom-made furnishings and thoughtful designs are Maldivian inspired, from natural wooden floor to the thatched roof all made by master craftsmen specifically for Milaidhoo. An island host is on hand to ensure every detail of the stay is perfect, from arranging spa appointments and excursions to ensuring the private wine fridge in the villa is stocked with the guest’s personal favourites.
The room rate includes breakfast and dinner as well as wi-fi, laundry, non-motorised watersports, use of snorkelling equipment and in-villa treats such as a bottle of champagne and tropical fruit basket on arrival as well as a daily evening turn-down with a gourmet gift from chef.
The three restaurants and two bars are designed to appeal to the senses, offering outstanding dining in wonderfully informal settings. No shoes are required. Ever. Food lovers will enjoy the Milaidhoo Gourmet, which is a dine-around meal plan offering daily breakfast, lunch and dinner as well as international and premium brands of spirits, beers and cocktails from a selection as well as fresh juices, soft drinks, mineral water, teas, coffees, milkshakes and smoothies and a premium selection of wines, hand-picked by the sommelier all day long.
The over-water spa has four treatment suites and complimentary yoga and meditation classes take place in the open air over-water pavillion.
For romantics, Milaidhoo is the perfect choice: from candlelit dinners to scented baths, from flower petal bedecked beds to the perfect place to say “I do’. Sports activities include sailing, catamarans, kayaks, a 24-hour gym, yacht trips, dolphin cruises, whale shark spotting, manta ray watching, conservation activities with the resident marine biologist, fishing, diving, snorkelling, and an open-air infinity pool.
Milaidhoo is reached by a scenic 35-minute seaplane ride from Male International Airport. Airport transfers are provided by the hotel at an extra charge. The transfer process is smooth and easy with the resort’s representative meeting each guest at the airport and guiding them to the private lounge where they can rest and recharge to await their transfer.
- Sophisticated 5 star boutique resort
- Located inside the UNESCO biosphere reserve
- House reef – outstanding and circles the island
- Understated, barefoot luxury
- Genuine Maldivian feel: embodies the culture, spirit and heritage of the Maldives.
- All villas have private pools and all beach villas are beach-front located
- Access to whale sharks, manta rays and Hanifaru Bay
- Accessible beaches all the way around the island
- Eco conscious
- All rates are half board
- ‘Milaidhoo Gourmet’ plan (dine-around: food and selected drinks during stay)
- Milaidhoo moments (lifestyle moments eg sandbank dining, private cinema)
- Villas open up 180 degrees to allow the Maldives inside
- Reinvented luxury of simple, natural, outdoor living
- Couple-oriented: children over the age of 9 are welcome
- 2018 Black Panther Awards – Best Beach Resort globally
- 2018 Connoisseur Circle Hospitality Awards
- 2017/2018 Condé Nast Johansen Awards for Excellence – Indian Ocean Leading Luxury Resort