Kamalaya Wellness Sanctuary and Holistic Spa Resort
Kamalaya Koh Samui – Feel Life’s Potential
Kamalaya Koh Samui is a multi-award winning Wellness Sanctuary and Holistic Spa ideally located amid a tropical landscape on the southern coastline of Koh Samui, Thailand. Since opening in November 2005, Kamalaya has been offering a holistic wellness experience that integrates healing therapies from East and West, a breathtakingly beautiful natural environment, inspired healthy cuisine, holistic fitness practices and customised wellness programs ranging from Detoxification to Stress & Burnout, as well as Optimal Fitness, Ideal Weight, Yoga Synergy and Emotional Balance.
Kamalaya offers a menu of over 70 therapies and treatments. In addition to massages and body treatments, the menu includes Ayurvedic therapies, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Naturopathy, Homeopathy, emotional healing and other holistic services. Optional daily classes are open to all guests in holistic fitness practices as pilates, yoga, chi gong, meditation, core fitness classes and cardio workouts. The opportunity for personal one-on-one sessions is also available.
The healthy, inspired cuisine is a fusion of Eastern and Western culinary traditions based on fresh, tropical produce. Using locally sourced organic produce as much as possible, menus include extensive vegan and vegetarian options as well as fresh seafood, poultry and lamb dishes. Fresh juices, signature tonics and herbal teas are also served, along with customised meals for those undertaking detox programs or with special dietary requirements.
“When diet is wrong medicine is of no use. When diet is correct medicine is of no need.”
The 75 unique accommodation options range from cosy Hillside Rooms to ocean view Suites/Superior Suites, spacious Villas and Penthouse Suites, including some with private pools.
Kamalaya offers a synergistic wellness experience that helps people reconnect to life’s potential and achieve optimal wellbeing.
“The idea behind Kamalaya is that by the time you leave, you’ll be happy, healthy and relaxed, but internally you’ll have something to take away with you.“
- Multi-award winning Wellness Sanctuary and Holistic Spa
- Personal wellness consultation
- More than 35 customised wellness programs
- A menu of over 70 therapies and treatments
- Ayurvedic therapies, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Naturopathy, Homeopathy, emotional healing
- Daily holistic activity program
- Healthy inspired organic cuisine
- Own vegetarian menu for Detox and Ideal Weight programs (protein added)
- 76 different kind of accommodations in peaceful and beautiful natural environment, most of them have sea views
- 250 meters of idyllic, private beach front
- Spacious and modern fitness centre with 25 m lap pool
- Comprehensive Optimal Fitness program
- 16 modern Thai style Superior Suites
- Renovated Rock Top Pool Villa with own yoga sala (2018)
- Life Enhancement Group Retreats
- 2018 Spa Cuisine of the Year - AsiaSpa Awards
- 2018 Owner and Operator of the Year, Karina Stewart - American Spa magazine's Women in Wellness Awards
- 2018 Leader in Furthering Mental Awareness, John Stewart - Debra Simon Award
- 2018 Worldwide Health & Wellness Destination of the Year - World Spa & Wellness Awards
- 2017 Spa of the Year - AsiaSpa Awards
- 2017 Worldwide Health & Wellness Destination of the Year - World Spa & Wellness Awards
- 2017 Kamalaya was included in US Condé Nast Traveler Magazine's Gold List as one of their favourite destinations in the world and one of their preferred palaces to "get healthy"
- 2016 Best in Asia & Thailand for Nutrition & Healthy Cuisine, Best Eco-friendly & Sustainable Property, best for Going Solo, Best for Mind & Spirit, Best for the Wow-Factor, Best for Yoga, Best Hidden Gem, Best Ahead-of-the-Curve Innovation and Best Weight Loss Program - Spafinder Wellness 365 Travel Awards
- 2016 Spa Cuisine of the Year - AsiaSpa Award
- 2016 Best Destination Spa - Condé Nast Traveller Spa Awards
- 2015 Best Spa Retreat in Thailand, Best for Fitness, Best for Nutrition, Best for Weight Loss, Best for Yoga and Best for Girlfriend Getaways - SpaFinder Wellness Travel Awards